New 24/7 service will improve your care and access to our GP services
A new integrated 24/7 primary care service is set to improve your care and your access to GP services.
The new service, which starts on June 29, means that you can not only access routine appointments in-hours at this GP practice as you do now, but you can also make weekday evening and Saturday appointments at a city-wide GP hub at Lake Road Health Centre in central Portsmouth.
As well as additional routine appointments the service will offer urgent same-day appointments every day until 10pm, 365 days a year.
The NHS is linking up the following three services to provide a ‘streamlined and unified’ new model for people needing urgent out-of-hospital care.
- the Acute Visiting Service (AVS) – a home visiting service for all Portsmouth GP registered patients needing urgent but non-emergency care
- Enhanced Access Service – to provide routine medical provision from Mondays to Saturdays to registered patients outside of core hours until 8pm, and urgent, same-day appointments until 10pm every day
- Out-of-hours (OOH) provision – accessed through the NHS 111 service, GP care will be provided overnight from 10pm to 8am.
To access the new service, just call the practice on our usual number up until 10pm – and after that use NHS 111 by dialling 111.
You, our valued patients, will experience an effective service, run by local doctors and nurses with full access to your medical records.
This will make our services easier to use and understand, and, at a time of unprecedented pressure on the NHS, it will also make it much easier for us to manage patient demand make better use of our staffing resources.
This new service is not just available to you at our practice – but at all GP surgeries across Portsmouth. Working together for you, to improve your care.
NEW - Diabetes UK - Portsmouth Group
Diabetes UK are launching a new support group in the Portsmouth Area in early May 2018.
Please see notices in the practice waiting areas or go to the "Appointments" tab - followed by "Diabetic" tab for more information.
NHS England Consultation re Online Consultations
NHS England are currently seeking patient feedback about the Online Consultation Services. Please visit the website via the link below and have your say about Online Consultations and feedback your views and any concerns about the proposed services.
As a practice we are considering introducing Online Consultations in the next few months - however we do have some concerns about whether this is actually a service which our patients would like us to offer.
If introduced Online Consultations would be an alternative method of accessing clinical advice from the practice and would result in a reduction in other methods of contact as there would not be any additional clinical staff available to deal with the workload associated with Online Consultations.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION UNDER THE NEW GDPR AND DATA PROTECTION ACT 2018
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or click the link below.
- *Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function
- Privacy Notice
- Opt Out Form
- Data Sharing Information MAY 2018
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ?
Information held about you may be used to help protect the health of the public and to help us manage the NHS.
Information may be used for clinical audit to monitor the quality of the service provided and design new services that fit our local patients health needs.
Your information may be used by NHS Portsmouth Clinical Commissioning Group in order to ensure appropriate planning of current and future NHS commissioned services, this data will contain no identifiable information.
NHS Portsmouth Clinical Commissioning Group will only ever use information that has been anonymised and all identifying information removed.”
All our patients now have a named accountable GP. The named accountable GP is responsible for patients’ overall care and support that the surgery provides to them, but it does not prevent or restrict you from seeing any other GP or nurse in the Practice. If you would like to know who that GP is please contact the surgery. If you have a preference as to which GP you would like as your named GP, the practice will make every effort to accommodate this request.
Worried about your child's health and the Surgery is closed ???
Visit this website for advice and guidance:
Drayton Medical Services for all your Occupational Health Needs !!
DRAYTON SKIN CLINIC (through Drayton Medical Services Limited) is now offering Dermal Fillers and Botox as well as private Minor Surgery.
Please contact Ellie or Lauren in reception at The Sanderson Suite in our basement for more details regarding prices and availability of appointments.
E-Referrals: Manage your referral online. If your GP refers you to a hospital or clinic, ask if you can book the appointment online. It's fast, convenient and secure. Save your GP time and the NHS money. Details of how to book will be in your appointment booking letter.